Nothing screams comfort food like homemade, hot Chicken Noodle Soup! I remember as a kid, just about anytime I had a sniffle or an upset tummy, my mom automatically made up a pot of Chicken Noodle Soup. This always seemed to make me feel so much better, even if it was just the comfort of the flavours!
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into thin sliced
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 whole Splendor Garden Organic Bay Leaves
- 8 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- 2 to 3 cups shredded chicken
- 6 oz noodles - in a pinch I will use spaghetti noodles but I like to use ramen or egg noodles
- 1 tsp Splendor Garden Organic Parsley
- 1 tsp Splendor Garden Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Splendor Garden Organic Black Pepper Ground
Take the butter or olive oil put into a large pot over medium-high heat. Then add the chopped onion, celery and carrots and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
In the large pot, then add the chicken stock along with the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the chicken and noodles. Reduce heat to medium and add the parsley, salt and pepper. Maintain a low boil for 20 minutes until the noodles are cooked through and the veggies are tender.
Serves 3-4. Enjoy!