Oat milk has a mild, nutty flavour that makes a great alternative to dairy milk. Oat milk provides more riboflavin, or vitamin B-2, than regular cow's milk. This milk alternative is good for those that have lactose issues.
- 1 cup Splendor Garden Organic Gluten Free Quick Rolled Oats
- 3 to 4 cups water (the less water you use, the thicker the milk will be)
In a large mixing bowl, cover the oats with water and let soak for at least 30 minutes. You can leave them over night but it's not necessary. Drain the oats in a strainer, discarding the soaking water, and wash them. Now in the same large bowl, blend the oats with 3 to 4 cups of clean water. Begin to strain the milk using a cheesecloth, a strainer, a napkin or a nut milk bag. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serves 3 to 4 cups
- Father’s Day: A Day for Dad June 18, 2020
- Recognizing Local Talent – Featured Artist: Rita Loehr June 9, 2020
- Supporting Local: Buying Canadian Fish June 2, 2020
- Fishing Trip Planning: Basic Checklist for Beginners May 22, 2020
- Mother’s Day Fun May 7, 2020