- Combine 1 cup fish coating with 2/3 cup cold water + 2 TBSP, mix until smooth. Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes to hydrate. Batter should just coat the back of a spoon. If batter becomes too thick add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Place 1/2 cup of fish coating in a shallow dish.
- Dredge pieces of fish in the dry fish coating, then dip into the prepared batter.
- Pan fry or deep fry at 350-375F for 3-4 minutes until the batter is crispy and the fish is cooked through.
- Remove cooked fish pieces from oil and drain on paper towels.
Additional Cooking Option
- Dip pieces of fish in melted butter or other liquid fat and transfer to a shallow bowl of fish coating.
- Lightly press the fish into the fish coating
- Shake off excess coating
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 425℉ until fish is cooked through and flakes easily. About 10-15 minutes.