Parsley Tea may be the cleansing tea you are searching for. The extensive list of health benefits makes this brew a must try!
Cleansing Parsley Tea
“The tea made me feel more energetic, especially in the mornings, so it must have strengthened my immune system! Parsley is one of the most important herbs in providing vitamins to the body! It’s rich in vitamins A, B, C. The herb is rich in enzymes and it boosted my digestive system, therefore, my skin got clearer and brighter. I definitely feel healthier and it helped to flush the toxins out of my body.”
Parsley tea has diuretic effects, is antioxidant-rich and flavonoid-rich.
“Parsley is one of those miracle herbs that protect you from almost anything. Two years ago, I used to struggle with skin blemishes due to breakouts and when I consulted my friend who is a holistic practitioner, she told me to try drinking the parsley tea as blemishes can be a sign of liver malfunction and this herb is a powerful antioxidant that cleanse and works effectively in detoxifying kidneys and liver. I did follow her advice and started to notice my skin and hair suddenly looked healthier than ever.”
She goes on to list it’s health benefits:
Benefits of Parsley Tea
- It is an antioxidant, which means it flushes out toxins from the body.
- It is rich in vitamin C, which supports the absorption of iron in the body; thus, parsley tea cures anemia.
- Parsley carries high levels of beta carotene, folate and vitamin B12. This enables it to enhance and stimulate the assimilation and nutrient utilizing ability of organs.
- One of the biggest parsley tea benefits is its assistance in the treatment of diseases such as arthritis and rheumatism.
- It maintains the elasticity of the blood vessels and also helps in repairing their wear and tear.
- It is rich in enzymes that boosts the digestive system and excretory system.
- It promotes the digestion of fats and proteins that further helps in intestinal absorption.
- It helps in liver assimilation and storage.
- It helps in treating gum problems.
- It relieves excessive gas from the alimentary canal.
- It contains apiol, a constituent of female sex hormone called estrogen. It helps in bringing regularity in menstrual cycles.
- It assists in easing menstrual cramps.
- Parsley tea has high content of chlorophyll. Therefore, it assists the body in getting rid of harmful, pathogenic micro-organism.
- It helps the lungs to discharge residues that keep accumulating in it due to environmental pollution.
- Parsley tea is also known to inhibit cancerous tumor growth.
Caution: Parsley tea should not be given to pregnant women as it acts as a uterus stimulant. Parsley tea is abundant in oxalic acid. Thus, it should not be given to patients of kidney inflammation as it may cause the formation of kidney stones. As with anything, always consult your health practitioner if you are unsure if you should consume parsley tea.
- The tea made me feel more energetic, especially in the mornings, so it must have strengthened my immune system! Parsley is one of the most important herbs in providing vitamins to the body! It’s rich in vitamins A, B, C. The herb is rich in enzymes and it boosted my digestive system, therefore, my skin got clearer and brighter. I definitely feel healthier and it helped to flush the toxins out of my body.
Cleansing Parsley Tea
Place approximately 1/8 cup of fresh parsley in an infusion basket. Put the basket into a cup or tea pot and pour 1 cup of filtered boiling water over it. Allow to steep for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the basket to remove the parsley. You may want to sweeten with honey and a fresh bit of lemon juice to enhance the flavor. Enjoy!