Ooey Gooey BBQ Pork Sandwiches are the epitome of summer. Sitting around a picnic table with the ones you love on a hot summer evening with two hands wrapped around a bun, juice dripping down your arms…YES! Summer is here! Throw this in a slow-cooker and head to the beach!
Try our recipe recommendation using our BBQ Rub Seasoning!
Cooking Time on Low setting: 6 – 10 hours
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup organic chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed organic dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Splendor Garden BBQ Rub Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Splendor Garden Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-1/2- to 5-pound) boneless or bone-in pork shoulder (also known as pork butt), twine or netting removed
- 2 cups organic barbecue sauce (optional)
- Your favourite slaw recipe to top sandwiches
The easiest and, arguably, tenderest pulled pork comes out of the slow cooker. Here, we coat pork shoulder with a spice rub of dark brown sugar, BBQ Rub Seasoning, and Cinnamon, then cook it on a bed of garlic and onions moistened with chicken broth. Six to ten hours later, the juiciest pork imaginable is ready to be shredded and served atop nachos, or in a sandwich with your favorite BBQ Sauce. This no-fuss, versatile recipe makes enough to feed a crowd, and the leftovers—should you have any—freeze well.