Serving for 1
- 1/4 cup Splendor Garden Organic, Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats
- 3/4 cup water
- Sea salt
- Splendor Garden Organic ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Splendor Garden Organic Onion Granules
- Shredded cheese
- 1 tsp coconut oil or any type of oil you prefer.
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 to 4 pieces of broccoli diced up
- 1 large egg
- Chopped green onions
- Splendor Garden Organic Garlic Herb Seasoning
Stove Top Method: Bring water to a boil. Add the steel cut oats, reduce heat a little and then let it cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat and stir in the onion granules and a little salt and pepper for taste.
Microwave Method: Pour the steel cut oats and water into a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave with the setting on high for 1 minute intervals, for a total of 3 minutes. If you prefer a softer texture, continue to microwave at 30 second intervals. Between intervals, stir the oats. When you have reached your desired texture, stir in the onion granules and salt and pepper for taste.
Take a non-stick pan and heat up 1/2 tsp coconut oil over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and broccoli to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until soft. Spoon the vegetables over your cooked oats.
Take the remaining 1/2 tsp of coconut oil and place in pan. Fry egg until the whites are no longer transparent and serve over oats.
Recent Blog Posts
- Father’s Day: A Day for Dad June 18, 2020
- Recognizing Local Talent – Featured Artist: Rita Loehr June 9, 2020
- Supporting Local: Buying Canadian Fish June 2, 2020
- Fishing Trip Planning: Basic Checklist for Beginners May 22, 2020
- Mother’s Day Fun May 7, 2020