- 1 sugar pumpkin
You can use whatever pumpkin you can find, however sugar pumpkins will produce a deeper more orange pumpkin puree compared to carving pumpkins.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Get a large cutting board and a large sharp knife. Carefully cut off the top of the pumpkin next to the stem. Flip pumpkin over and cut pumpkin in half. Clean our seeds and stringy insides. An ice cream scoop will make this job easier. Keep pumpkin seeds to roast in the oven.
Place pumpkin halves cut side down onto a large Pyrex baking dish or baking sheet. Bake in oven for 60 minutes or until tender. If you are unsure if your pumpkin is ready poke baked pumpkin with fork. It should be soft. If it isn’t (larger pumpkins will take longer to bake) just keep baking until tender.
Scoop out flesh of pumpkin and discard the skin. Place pumpkin flesh into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Pumpkin puree can be frozen or enjoyed in your favorite pumpkin recipes.
Recent Blog Posts
- Chinese Five Spice…What Is It?? November 5, 2019
- The Benefits of Using Turmeric October 29, 2019
- Ways to use Garlic Pepper October 22, 2019
- Surviving Breast Cancer – Pat’s Story October 15, 2019
- Meet our Producer: Mike Weseen, 4th Generation Farmer October 8, 2019