- 8 cups popped organic popcorn
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- 250g package of mini marshmallows
- 3 tsp Splendor Garden Organic Turmeric Powder
First you want to pop the popcorn. Use a ⅓ cup of popcorn kernels. To be sure popcorn doesn’t contain any unpopped kernels, shake the bowl side to side and tap on counter then measure out 8 cups of popped popcorn into a large glass bowl.
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Once melted add peanut butter and turmeric and whisk to combine. Cook over low for 2 minutes. Do not let peanut butter boil. Turmeric is a natural dye and will give your popcorn balls a fun neon yellow colour, but keep away from white tea towels! Turmeric has many health benefits and your kids will not even notice the subtle spice flavour. Add marshmallows to pot and stir to melt marshmallows. Pour melted marshmallows over popcorn and mix with a large spoon. Allow mixture to cool slightly and start to form popcorn balls with your hands. Popcorn balls will harden as they cool. Makes 11 medium sized popcorn balls.
This is a perfect treat for Halloween! You can dress up the popcorn balls with scary candy eyes and black licorice string legs for a freaky looking spider!
Recent Blog Posts
- Give Your Old Spices A Second Chance! August 6, 2020
- Father’s Day: A Day for Dad June 18, 2020
- Recognizing Local Talent – Featured Artist: Rita Loehr June 9, 2020
- Supporting Local: Buying Canadian Fish June 2, 2020
- Fishing Trip Planning: Basic Checklist for Beginners May 22, 2020