- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large white onions
- 2 tbsp of crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp Splendor Garden Organic Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Splendor Garden Organic Italian Seasoning - salt free (optional)
- 6 ounce can of salt free tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of fresh basil, Divided
- 2 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz cans whole peeled tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium low heat. Add the garlic first and give it about 30 seconds alone in the oil.
- Add your onion, raise to medium heat, and continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, fennel seed and Italian Seasoning. Stir this in well and give it 2-3 minutes to work into the onion and garlic.
- Carefully pour in the whole peeled tomatoes, crushed tomatoes. Stir and then add the tomato paste and 1 tablespoon of the basil.
- Bring this to a boil and then simmer for the next 30 minutes. The longer the better. Add the remaining basil just prior to plating.
- Father’s Day: A Day for Dad June 18, 2020
- Recognizing Local Talent – Featured Artist: Rita Loehr June 9, 2020
- Supporting Local: Buying Canadian Fish June 2, 2020
- Fishing Trip Planning: Basic Checklist for Beginners May 22, 2020
- Mother’s Day Fun May 7, 2020