- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 340g bag of baby carrots
- 1/2 tbsp Splendor Garden Organic Fennel Seed
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- Pinch of salt & pepper for taste
In a non-stick skillet over medium to high heat, add the fennel seeds to the dry pan. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent burning but cook them to brown. You want to smell the faint licorice aroma of the seeds and see their brown color darken just slightly. At this point you want to add the butter and oil.
When the butter melts, add the baby carrots and garlic, stirring to coat everything in the seeds and liquid. Reduce the heat to medium-low, browning the carrots in the fat, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
Sprinkle with the cane sugar and, once it has coated the carrots, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Father’s Day: A Day for Dad June 18, 2020
- Recognizing Local Talent – Featured Artist: Rita Loehr June 9, 2020
- Supporting Local: Buying Canadian Fish June 2, 2020
- Fishing Trip Planning: Basic Checklist for Beginners May 22, 2020
- Mother’s Day Fun May 7, 2020