- 3 cups shredded unsweetened gluten free coconut
- 2 cups Splendor Garden Organic Gluten Free Quick Rolled Oats
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic dark cocoa
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (butter can be used)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (any type of milk will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix the coconut, oats and salt in a large bowl and set aside. Line two medium baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium saucepan combine the combine the maple syrup, cocoa, coconut oil and milk and bring to a simmer. Cook on a simmer for 2 minutes, stirring regularly with a whisk. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
Mix oats and coconut with the liquid mixture and stir until well combined. With a tablespoon, drop mounds of the mixture on to the baking sheets and gently press them together with your fingers to form mounds with an indent in the middle of each to create a nest. Fill with 2 or 3 chocolate mini eggs and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or freeze the cookies to set before serving.
- Give Your Old Spices A Second Chance! August 6, 2020
- Father’s Day: A Day for Dad June 18, 2020
- Recognizing Local Talent – Featured Artist: Rita Loehr June 9, 2020
- Supporting Local: Buying Canadian Fish June 2, 2020
- Fishing Trip Planning: Basic Checklist for Beginners May 22, 2020