Made with roasted sweet potato, loaded with fiber, nuts and seeds, this is perfect to accompany coconut yogurt, plant-based milk or eat directly from the jar. Whenever baking sweet potatoes save 2 or 3 to make this granola, it will be a favorite!
Written by One Green Planet
- 2 1/4 cup Splendor Garden Organic, Gluten Free Thick Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/5 cup sunflower seeds or other seeds that you prefer
- 1/3 cup grated coconut
- 2 teaspoons Splendor Garden Organic Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Splendor Garden Organic Ginger ground
- 7/8 cup sweet potato purée (baked and peeled)
- 1/5 cup brown rice syrup
- 3/8 cup melted coconut oil
- In a bowl mix the oats, almonds, seeds, coconut and spices.
- In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, rice jelly and liquid coconut oil. Mix until everything is a well-mixed puree.
- Add the puree to the oatmeal mixture and mix everything very well.
- Spread the granola in a large pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes stirring a few times during that time.
- Turn off the oven and let the granola sit until the oven is cold. Stir a few times, with the oven off.
- Remove, let cool and place in a jar.