Here is a super tasty recipe for a Smoked Paprika BBQ Sauce. This sauce is great to use on your chicken, ribs, pork chops and even burgers.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Splendor Garden Smoked Paprika
- 1 cup bottled strained tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Splendor Garden Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Splendor Garden Chili Powder
In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook the onion until softened, stir often for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, stir often for about 1 minute. Add the smoked paprika, stir in and cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in strained tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, pepper, salt, chili powder and 1/2 cup water. Bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 15 to 18 minutes. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Join our mailing list by clicking the SUBSCRIBE button.