Planning a movie night this weekend?
With every movie night, munchies and snacks are essential to a night of binge watching your favorite movies and TV shows. It's trying to come up with quick and easy treats that makes things difficult. You don't want snacks that contain too much sugar, are high in fats or have tons of added salt...you don't want to go to bed feeling like you just ate an entire feast! You want to make something that is light, easy to make without a lot of ingredients, and of coarse, delicious!
Whether you are watching solo or with family and friends, here are a few great ideas for some healthy, even kid friendly snacks that everyone will enjoy.
Just about everyone loves popcorn as a movie night snack. Popcorn can be dressed up in so many ways and one of my favourite ways is to use coconut oil rather than butter. I then like to add some spice seasonings like Chili Powder, Lemon Pepper Seasoning, or Garlic Herb Seasoning for a savory flavour.
For a sweeter option, I will take Apple Pie Spice, a little cane sugar and melted coconut oil. Mix it all together and drizzle on top of my popcorn, finally stirring the popcorn to cover it entirely with this Apple Pie mixture. This is so tasty, it's like eating candied popcorn!
According to Healthline, Almonds boast an impressive nutrient profile. A 1-ounce (28-gram) serving of almonds contains:
- Fiber: 3.5 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Fat: 14 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated)
- Vitamin E: 37% of the RDI
- Manganese: 32% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 20% of the RDI
- They also contain a decent amount of copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and phosphorus.
This is all from a small handful, which supplies only 161 calories and 2.5 grams of digestible carbohydrates.
Enjoy this fresh and zesty flavoured dip with veggies, chips, pretzels, or veggie stix. This dip mix is a salt free blend with flavours of dill, garlic, and onion, giving it a refreshing summer taste.
- Supporting Local: Buying Canadian Fish June 2, 2020
- Fishing Trip Planning: Basic Checklist for Beginners May 22, 2020
- Mother’s Day Fun May 7, 2020
- Healthy Movie Night Snacks May 5, 2020
- Herb Infused Honey April 23, 2020