With Father's Day fast approaching, it can be a struggle to come up with ideas of what to get Dad, what would he like, would he every use it, how much do I send....and the questions go on, and on and on! Making a special day for Dad shouldn't be that difficult or expensive for that matter. In this post, we wanted to share some last minute, inexpensive activity ideas that are sure to make Dad's day.
Plan a Marshmallow Roast
Planning an afternoon or evening fire can be a fun activity for the whole family. The best part about a roaring camp fire is making smores!
All you need to do is:
- help dad make the fire
- get everything you need to make your smores: marshmallows, graham crackers, milk chocolate pieces and of course, the roasting sticks
- set up lawn chairs or a blanket to sit on
Plan a Day of Fishing
Most dads enjoy the thrill of catching a fish. Why not plan a day of fishing with Dad by taking him to his favourite fishing hole. Be sure to pack the necessities and even if you don't catch anything, it was the time spent with Dad that matters.
Here are some helpful tips and lists of supplies you would want to bring on a fishing trip. Being prepared makes the experience so much more fun.....and you would hate to get out there and forget your fishing rod!
After a successful day of fishing, you might as well eat what you caught! Whether you plan a shoreline campfire or bring your catch home to fry, do it together and be Dad's sous chef!
Plan a Round of Golf
Does Dad like to play golf? Whether you plan a day with him or buy him a round, he will definitely enjoy a day on the greens!
- Father’s Day: A Day for Dad June 18, 2020
- Recognizing Local Talent – Featured Artist: Rita Loehr June 9, 2020
- Supporting Local: Buying Canadian Fish June 2, 2020
- Fishing Trip Planning: Basic Checklist for Beginners May 22, 2020
- Mother’s Day Fun May 7, 2020