Bring together the delicious flavours of pear, cinnamon with the freshness of the lemon with this delicious baked fruit recipe.
- 4 Bartlett pears, ripe but firm
- 3 tablespoons of agave nectar (or ¼ cup of brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon Splendor Garden Organic Ginger ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Splendor Garden Organic Cinnamon ground
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil; plus more for greasing baking dish (butter can be substituted 1:1)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Generously butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Wash pears. Cut in half. Using a melon baller to scoop out seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the agave nectar, honey, lemon juice and zest and the spices. Mix well and pour over the pears – cut side down.
- Dot the pears with the 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (or butter)
- Bake the pears 15 minutes basting with the juices a couple of times. Turn over so cut sides are up and bake a further 5 minutes.
- Remove pears from pan onto serving plates to cool.
Serve with sprinkle of granola and vanilla bean frozen yogurt or ice cream and ENJOY!