I don't know why but once summer hits my recipes get a little more exciting! It could be because we like to spend a lot of time outdoors and we do a ton of cooking on the grill.
Most of the recipes I use are ones that are simple enough to make even if we are on a camping trip or just heading out for a hike followed a picnic. I like using simple, fresh ingredients and local if I can.
Here are three delicious recipes that you can make this summer. I guarantee you will want to bookmark this page!!
Sweet Summer Tuna Salad
I wasn't always a tuna fan but this delicious recipes definitely changed my mind! I like to make this recipe quite often during the summer months as its prefect to eat on it's own as a side or in a sandwich on multigrain bread.
- 1 can solid white tuna
- 1 dill pickle
- 1 tsp Splendor Garden Organic Garlic Granules
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp crushed walnuts
In the summer, we like to go fishing and one of my favorite things to do with our catch is to have a good old fish fry! I either like to pan fry or batter my fillets with our Organic Fish N' Fry Coating Mix - Original. It so delicious and not only that, our Fish N' Fry Coating Mixes can also be used to coat veggies, chicken pieces, tofu and pork pieces for dry ribs!
- Combine 1 cup fish coating with 2/3 cup cold water + 2 TBSP, mix until smooth. Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes to hydrate. Batter should just coat the back of a spoon. If batter becomes too thick add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Place 1/2 cup of fish coating in a shallow dish.
- Dredge pieces of fish in the dry fish coating, then dip into the prepared batter.
- Pan fry or deep fry at 350-375F for 3-4 minutes until the batter is crispy and the fish is cooked through.
- Remove cooked fish pieces from oil and drain on paper towels.
This recipe is one way to amp up your potato salad recipe! It's got a little heat to it but you can always cup back on the hot sauce.
- 8 medium potatoes - can use leftover potatoes
- 5 boiled eggs
- 4 stalks of celery
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt or plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Splendor Garden Organic Southwestern Rub
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1/4 cup hot sauce - can be less
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Handful of chopped chives